40% Off Your 5-Night Stay
& Kids Stay FREE
Once-In-A-Lifetime 40% Off Special Offer
- Click on the "Book Now" button above ☝️
- You will land on our online booking platform
- Select your dates (July-Sept 2021)
- Click check availability
- Scroll down and view Special offer Rates
- Choose your treehouse & click book.
Be rewarded for your spontaneity, dream-chasing, and family holiday planning with our last-minute Once-In-A-Lifetime 40% Off 5-Night Stays Special Offer. Not only is this never-to-be-repeated, but it's also your chance to experience Chole Mjini like never before - or again.
Think along the lines of no other tourists, just you, the trees and the beach - and also turtles hatching and taking their first glides into the azure Indian Ocean. Couple this with humpback whales, and if you're planning on being one of the last to catch our Special Offer towards the end of September, you may be the first to see the start of our Whale Shark season.
Prices for 5-Nights
- $600 per person sharing for 5-nights (± ZAR8 000 per person sharing)
- Includes 1 child free per adult, when sharing a treehouse. (1 adult 1 free child. 2 adults 2 free children).
- This works out to $120 per person sharing per night ( ± ZAR 1 600 per person sharing per night), this rate is however for a minimum stay of 5 nights.
Once-In-A-Lifetime Special Offer Includes:
- 40% OFF 5-nights accommodation.
- Children U16 stay for free.
- Treehouse Suites for couples and families.
- Meals, which are freshly prepared using organic local produce from the Island.
- Valid for bookings and stays in July - September 2021.
Once-In-A-Lifetime Special Offer Excludes:
- Marine Park fees: $23.6 pppn - must be paid by card as no cash accepted.
- Tourism Development Levy (TDL): $1.50 per person.
- Road transfers: $40 per car (max. 4 adults sharing).
- Rental of equipment.
- Activities such as snorkel trips, scuba diving, whale shark excursions and turtle hatchings will be billed for separately.
We understand that you have questions, and while we don't have all the answers - no one really does - we've got solutions, and we're more than ready to welcome you back.
There are regular flights on Airlink, Ethiopian Airlines, and Emirates in and out of Dar Es Salaam, Tanzania. We're a short Cessna Caravan hop from Dar Es Salaam, followed by a drive across the charming island of Mafia, where a boat awaits to take you to the island of Chole. There are also flights to Mafia from virtually everywhere in Tanzania. For more information and costs, visit www.coastal.cc, or read up on our Arrivals setup here.
Health & Safety
Your safety and that of our staff are most important to us, which is why we have put the following procedures in place - as recommended by the Tanzanian Government. We are pleased to announce that there have been no COVID cases to date, both on Mafia Island and Chole Mjini.
- All surfaces are disinfected regularly.
- Hand-washing stations available in many locations around the lodge for you to use.
- Our service staff are instructed to keep their distance from the guests as much as possible and to wash their hands regularly.
International travellers arriving in Tanzania do not have to be quarantined. When guests depart Mafia Island to return home, they can get a PCR test at the District Hospital, next to the airport, in Mafia. It is open seven days a week and guests will have their test result by emailed to them within 48 hours, dated when the email is sent.
It is important for guests to go to the hospital (15km from Chole) 48-72 hours before leaving Tanzania. The tests cost about $100 each and the procedure is quick and efficient and can be done before going to the airport or as a part of a day trip to the main town market. We are happy to help you arrange the tests and transport.
We're flexible and know that things can change. We'll try our best to accommodate you, as we firmly believe that Chole Mjini should be ticked off everyone's bucket list. View our updated Cancellation Policy here: Our Booking Terms
Valid from: 1 July 2021
Expires: 30 September 2021
With just seven treehouses dotted around Chole Island, privacy is guaranteed, and the only inquisitive neighbours are the rich birdlife able to reach your heights. The Indian Ocean breeze provides the 'aircon' for each room, and the trickling waters through the mangrove roots help you lull to sleep each night on your king-sized bed.
Inspired by Nature
Chole Mjini Treehouse Lodge is, simply put, one of the most unusual and special places on this earth. It is eco-tourism at its best, helping local communities, giving back to nature, and living in harmony with the ocean. We strive to leave our world better than we found it.
From July to September, turtles choose the beaches around Chole and Mafia Island as their nesting spot, and we certainly don't blame them. Guests are respectful spectators in this natural wonder, watching as turtles come to nest, hatch, and take their first glides into the Indian Ocean.
They're giants of the ocean, yet there's something so majestic about watching these gentle beasts ever so gracefully frolic in the bay. From admiring them on the beach to getting up close on boating excursions, nothing can compare to watching - and sometimes feeling - the spray of these gracious mammals
Wine and Dine
Whether you're coming in from a sunset sail or watching the moon rise from the Red Herring Cafe, your candle-lit dinner under the stars will be a meal of a lifetime. Each evening brings a different setting for you to enjoy a meal freshly prepared using the finest local produce.